Thursday, June 19, 2014

Praha Anchors Down


I came back from Terezin to two wonderful texts. Adam with a question “can I actually come over tonight?” and the lovely Mitchell Barth “hey I’m in Prague!”. (Will I ever leave Sigma Chi?) We started off the Vandy weekend right with dinner at School with Adam, Mitch, Casey, and Jordan. Afterwards, we headed to Caffertys to watch the World Cup, with Bri and Claire joining us, and it felt exactly like tin roof, redneck singing Avicii covers and all. We then head to Lucerna - FINALLY!!!!!! - for 80s/90s night. In the morning, Kyle, Colleen, and Munt, joined us for brunch at James Dean. (Side Note: I find it really odd that this American diner moonlights as a giant underground club at night, but hey not complaining). Thanks to the graduates’ walking tour, we learned that the statue in the circle is actually called “In utero” and you can literally climb inside it to be in the womb. Classic Prague quirkiness – its perfect. Colleen and Adam decided to demonstrate!  
Gyno adam births Colleen
Later that night the rest of us juniors, as well as my roommates, headed to Yami for sushi, and surprisingly it was some of the best sushi I had ever had. I was sold at the giant bowl of salad with the dressing from Benihana restaurants, but aside from that wonderful discovery it was a great time with great company. We all headed out to a pub crawl, joined by both my ISA group and their ISA group visiting Prague. 
While the pub crawl was fun, it was great to hang with such a big Vandy crew! The next day, we went out as tourists, going to the Charles Bridge, Sex Machines Museum (so, so, weird) and finally heading to the John Lennon Wall. Let it also be known that I made it to the wall without getting lost once!Later, we checked out a small wine market in Namesti Republicky and that night I showed them our beloved beer garden in Riegrovy Sady and we headed back. Monday, we finally tried the Grand Orient Café, in a very cool cubist building, with Nicole! While we were running in all different directions the rest of Monday, I was happy to come home to this note, a cleaned kitchen, made bed, and bottle of wine. Could I have better friends? I am so excited to visit them in Copenhagen in two weeks as well! 





No comments:

Post a Comment