Sunday, June 29, 2014

Palaces and Palak


Our school!
Class class class class class. Soooooooo much class. In Art and Architecture we headed to the Royal Gardens to see the summer palace, which was not only beautiful but had a great view of the castle. (Did you know that it was created essentially to “instigate” having children, of which the queen had 15?) We also stopped at Prague Castle for the first part of a two-day tour.  

Afterwards, I headed to my new gym, Fittop. I assume that I am the first American to ever belong to this Zizkov gym. Maybe one of five in history, if I am being really generous. However, when you go to the gym you typically do not talk to strangers. At all my time at Lifetime I never speak, you just workout and go home. But the inability to communicate, and the pressure I felt to fit in, made me hyper aware of my silence. At the same time, it was great to think that I probably did blend right in with the otherwise Czech crowd. The one cultural difference that killed me was seeing all of the people running in converse. As a runner, that is just heartbreaking. You are killing your feet!!!  That night, I met Claire and Olivia for some AWESOME Indian food at Masala. Also, I am finally figuring out the public transport system! Lesson of the day:Make the extra effort to thoroughly understand the tram/metro/bus system  I found my way all the way to the end of Prague 2, realized that location was closed, and headed all the way back to the newer location and home with very little walking and lots of transfers. The Prague tram and bus system is super complicated, but once figured out, can be much quicker for short distance travel. Our dinner was great and definitely reminded me of home J I had some of the best Palak Chicken I had ever tasted and a very relaxing night with friends! 






No comments:

Post a Comment