Friday, June 6, 2014

I came, I saw, I caved

I am NOT a person to keep a journal, and I am definitely not a person to write a blog...but Praha, you have changed me. What really made me change my mind was that my first thought upon standing on Marksmen's Island looking towards the Charles Bridge, Castle, and beautiful waterfront, the first thing that came to my mind was 'I am going to make this city mine". I want to be able to have something I can hold (still sort of theoretically? I guess I could print it?) that shows my place living here, as temporary as it may be. I want to be able to sit down and critically think about how I involved myself in this incredible culture each day, and even continue to do so as my stay in one location becomes even shorter.

The title "Light on My Feet" has many meanings to me. In the most obvious sense, I am very clearly someone who likes to be on the move. Also, this is the number one running rule from the man himself, Steve, who has not only taught me to love running, and to love traveling, but that the best way to travel is to run your way around somewhere.  However, while walking through Riegrovy sady today, I realized that the one thing I love about traveling, and in particular traveling by foot, is that it is when I learn the most about both my external surroundings and internal thoughts. My most transformative, identity-shaping moments have almost always occurred during this time. And thus, I not only stay light on my feet and appreciate being light on my feet, but also obtain light on my feet in a knowledge sense. So..here we are, the scratch map will now have words to align with the colors that will appear over the next 9 weeks! And maybe I will learn something along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment