Thursday, June 19, 2014

Relaxing & Wandering

Braving the tram for the first time! 
A free day! While this was great for exploring, it also meant SLEEP! Finally getting the day started, Julie and I decided to explore Old Town to try and get our bearing for how we should walk home at night. Abroad lesson: becoming immersed in a city takes work. We actively tried to understand which streets were where, how they relted to major landmarks, and the distance from them to our apartment. However, it was nice to take our time looking inside cool cafes and restaurants and seeing more sights. We ran into Nicole and Amanda at the (statue of the lady) which I still think its very odd, classic, quirky Prague art. We stopped and ate lunch at Bakeshop as well as found some organic groceries at Country Life. (Dana and Julie mistake #a million, we accidentally grabbed apple juice for apple vinegar, but its

Enchiladas at Cantina!
still delicious). Afterwards, I decided to search for a gym. Waving hello to batrtender Mikail and goodbye to Julie, I headed up Seifertova to check out the neighborhood. I found a great gym, some cool coffee shops and pubs, and most of all- an organic restaurant! I am so excited to check out “Secret of Raw” as soon as possible. We went to meet Claire, Olivia, and Stephanie for dinner – finally braving the above ground tram system. This time, we
Namesti Miru!

 tried Cantina, a famous Mexican restaurant. We headed back to Namesti Miru to explore the Prague beer Museum and Retros, a popular club. While I sampled my flight of 5 beers with an open mind, I still have absolutely no taste for it! I have concluded my short lived attempt to fit in with the Czech drinking culture. We also quickly learned that Prague runs late! Arriving at Retros around 11:15 we soon recognized we would have to stay a while bgefore it picked up. At least now we know! The four of us decided to walk home together, finding that it was nt too far!







No comments:

Post a Comment